At Everest, we are committed to community involvement and environmental excellence.
Everest Waterproofing & Restoration, Inc. is working towards implementing sustainability into the core of our everyday business activities.
In 2009, we contracted with an independent third-party to conduct a comprehensive sustainability audit, including GHG, waste, water and energy analysis, as well as overall corporate social responsibility activities.
Now, we are implementing resource conservation measures across our entire organization, an environmentally purchasing policy for all products procured at our corporate headquarters and jobsites and education programs for Everest staff.
If you would like to learn more about our commitment to sustainability and local community development, or the detailed specifications of environmentally preferable products we have available for jobsite use please contact us.
1. STATEMENT OF POLICYIt is the policy of Everest to:
- Institute practices that reduce waste by increasing product efficiency and effectiveness.
- Purchase products that minimize environmental impacts, toxics, pollution, and hazards to worker and community safety to the greatest extent practicable.
- Purchase products that include recycled content, are durable and long-lasting, conserve energy and water, use agricultural fibers and residues, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, use unbleached or chlorine free manufacturing processes, are lead-free and mercury-free, and use wood from sustainably harvested forests.
2. PURPOSEThis Policy is adopted in order to:
- Conserve natural resources
- Minimize environmental impacts such as pollution and use of water and energy
- Eliminate or reduce toxics that create hazards to workers and our community
- Support strong recycling markets
- Reduce materials that are landfilled
- Increase the use and availability of environmentally preferable products that protect the environment
- Identify environmentally preferable products and distribution systems
- Reward manufacturers and vendors that reduce environmental impacts in their production and distribution systems or services
- Create a model for successfully purchasing environmentally preferable products that encourages other purchasers in our community to adopt similar goals.