Charles Krug Winery, Napa
Click on the Photos for more info
Everest Waterproofing and Restoration Inc was contracted to restore the exterior facade of the oldest winery in Napa Valley.The project consisted of:
- Cleaning of the historical facade
- Removed damaged stones weighing over 700 pounds, corner quoins stones, replicated, pinned and install new stone cut from quarry stone and augmented with salvaged stone from the interior of the winery
- All the mortar was removed and joints re-pointed with lime putty historical mortar
- The chipped and deteriorated decorative arches, sills and cyma reversas were cut out and dutchman were installed or replaced in their entirety.
- The majority of the repairs were accomplished using salvaged winery stone which was re-cut and artificially distressed to match the historical facade