Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco
- Structural steel repair; masonry restoration of brick and terra cotta.
- Everest has been hired to repair the brick on this landmark hotel in the
Union Square district.
- Each corner of the building shows significant vertical cracking along the height
- Our first task is to secure the brick to eliminate the risk of "falling hazards".
- Everest is utilizing a new technology that allows us to weld a rod through the brick directly onto the flange of the structural beam. The rod is then bolted to the outside of the brick.
- Once the brick is secure our next step is to begin removal of the brick to repair the structural steel.
- Final phase will be to match four different brick styles and replace the brick at each corner.
- Terra cotta is presently being surveyed.